I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse with my Hubby Joe, work full time night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit, have a small Craft Business on the side and I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!


" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

" IF YOU DON'T DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO, YOU'RE A FOOL! "
Joan Rivers


My One Little Word for 2014 is ME!!
Please click HERE to read about why I chose this word!!


PLEASE CLICK HERE to read Why I Returned to Blogging after a Break.....


Saturday, March 24, 2012

EASTER DECORATIONS 2012, PART 3 and FRONT YARD!!

Today, I am sharing the last of my Easter Decorations.....

As many of you know, I have been decorating my department at work for every Holiday.

So here is what it looks like decorated for Easter.....

I made Bunny Wreaths that are the first thing you see when you walk off the elevator in to the department....

I originally bought the Bunnies to hang on the wall but as I started to make the wreaths, I decided to wire them inside the center of the wreaths....

Almost everything for this wreath was bought at the Dollar Tree stores......


Of course, I decorated the small tree at the Nurses's Station.....

I used Easter Egg Lights, Egg ornaments and some spring flowers.....


And I also decorated the tree in the day room where some of our patients spend time with their families in the evening.....


The lights look pink but they were marked purple and I bought them after Christmas on clearance for $1.25 a box.....


Here it is at night.....

I didn't realize that you can see the parking structure that we park in across the street from the Hospital......

Now back to those Bunny wreaths....

I have been making them for the past several days after I hit several different Dollar Tree stores looking for supplies. I have orders for 7 wreaths and maybe 2 more!!

Including one for myself!

I guess decorating at work has turned into a marketing tool for my little Craft Business...

Here is my department with my Christmas wreaths which I have also received orders for.....

And Valentine's Day.....

And St. Patrick's Day ........

One woman wants 4 Easter wreaths.
She told me that she has been admiring the wreaths that I made for each holiday. She now wants 4 wreaths for every Holiday!!

Bunny Wreaths lined up down my hallway......

Along with my tubs of flowers.....

On Friday, Joe and I worked on cleaning up the front yard, putting out my Summer yard things and decorating my front porch a bit.....

There is a roof over my porch but it is 16 feet high up so it really does not provide any cover at all.
Remember I live in a townhouse......

Love the saying on this plaque!

The sweet birdhouse is something I won in a giveaway from LV over at
Thoughts from Meme's Corner last year. She is such a sweet woman and if you do not know her, please visit and say Hello!!


Joe bought me this cute Bunny at Lowe's. He was only $7.00! Did I ever tell you that Joe loves to shop???

The weeping mortar on the front of our home allows me to hanging all kinds of things.....

The "Angels Gather Here" plaque was a gift from one of my neighbors. Please say a prayer for her, my neighbor Elly. They found her at the bottom of her stairs on Wed. and she had surgery for a broken hip on Friday. She is 84 now and is developing Alzheimer's. We do not think she will be able to come back to her home.....


The heart plaque was a flea market find....

I unpacked my terra cotta plantar vase and put some silk flowers in it...


I am leaving the topiary tree ,that I moved from the back to the front for Fall and Christmas decorations, out here in the front. It and the lamp post are set on a timer to go on at dusk...

Did you notice my neighbor's forsythia's in the back ground?? Gorgeous!

We bought this cute folding accent table at Big Lot's. It goes well with the furniture that we just got at Lowe's.....

It is $27.00 at Big Lot's and will be easy to store as it folds...
I may get another one...

I am so loving this new furniture on the porch. All that is left is to move the planters out to the front and plant my annuals which I will not do until after Mother's Day as a threat of frost around here may still happen well into May.....

My concrete frogs came from Sam's Club many years ago....

Joe will be painting the railing soon. Will explain in the end of this post.....

Looking at the front porch front the sidewalk.....

I cleaned out and added new mulch to the front flower bed under the Living Room window....

These shrubs that we planted 2 years ago are thriving....

I put out my fountain and another angel.....

My small front yard.....
As I have mentioned before, I am to the side of a shopping center and you can see the back of Lowe's....


2 Azalea bushes and my Rhododendron.....

Another cherub angel and a gnome....

My rusty birdbath..

I was going to paint it but I decided to leave it this way as I like the aged look of it.....

We added new mulch to this flower bed and down the slope....


My Chippy Angel..
My MIL told me that I need to paint it. She never heard of Shabby Chic!!
LOL!!!

Looking back.....

My forsythia is started to bloom even though it is way too early for this to happen.....

Temp.'s will be returning to normal this week. There will be high's in the 50's and 60's instead of the high 70's like we have seen. Temps. over night will be in the high 20's to 30's. I hope if we do get frost, it will not hurt all the blooms and buds....

Now you may remember in my last post that I showed you this Easter plaque that I bought at Michael's......


I added it to one of my windows that divide the Living Room and Dining Room....

I took down the St. Patrick's Day tree in the Den and moved the stained glass lamp back to where it normally goes......

And, of course I had to have a bit of Easter out here in my Den....

The 3 plastic Bunnies and the big pink and purple eggs were mine as a child....

This lamp was given to us by Joe's Aunt Mary....

Love the shade lit up, don't you???

And I added 3 cute Bunnies on top of my China Cupboard in the Den....

And that is now all of my Easter decorations....

If you missed my Living Room and Kitchen Easter decorations, Please click HERE.

and

If you missed my Dining Room Easter Decorations, please click HERE.

And now for a bit of my reality.

As many of you have read here, I have been having some issues with my thyroid in addition to being diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

After an Ultrasound of my thyroid showed a multi-nodule goiter, I then had to go and have a lot of thyroid studies in the form of blood work done.

The studies showed antibodies which may be indicative of a Thyroiditis which can be an auto-immune response or and infection. With the family history of Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis, it is most likely and auto immune response.

This could explain why I had a positive ANA titer last year.

So now I need to have a nuclear scan of the thyroid. This involves being injected with a radioactive isotope . It will show the uptake by the thyroid and then we will go from there. After this test, I will go to an Endocrinologist.

I always joke that I glow from all the tests I have had done in the past 6 years! Well , now I really will glow!! LOL!

I did mention about Joe painting the railing.
Joe has been treated since November for plantar warts on both feet. I have been putting acid cream and dressing and wrapping his feet daily since November. It has not worked so now his Foot Doctor suggests that they be removed. She does not do this surgery so on April 1st, he has an appt. with her partner and surgery will be set up to lazer that plantar warts out. He will be off from work for 2-3 weeks since he is a letter carrier and walks all day.

I will definitely need to keep him busy so I am finding some jobs that he can do when he is off or he will go stir crazy!! Painting the railing on the front porch is one of them...

So that is what has been going on with us......

I have recently found or been invited to join in on some parties that I previously did not know about. I have them listed as new below. Please check them out and maybe join up yourself.....

I am linking up to these great parties:


Masterpiece Monday
Show and Tell Monday
Blue Monday
Mod Vintage Mix Monday
Metamorphosis Monday
Cozy Home Party Tuesday
Knick of Time Tuesday
Tabletop Tuesday
What's It Wednesday- new one
Wow Us Wednesday
Outdoor Wednesday
Rednesday
Home Decor and Organizing Party
Share Your Cup Thursday- new one
Delightfully Inspiring Thursday
Vintage Thingie Thursday
Open House Party Thursday
Homemaking Link Up Party- new one
Home and Garden Thursday
Fertilizer Friday
Home Sweet Home Friday
Show and Tell Friday
Potpourri Friday- taking a Blog Break for awhile
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Simple and Sweet Fridays- new one
Anything Goes Linky Party- new one
Tickled Pink Friday- new one
Pink Saturday
Seasonal Sunday
Sunday's Best
Bunny Hop Party Every Wednesday
Easter Blog Party
Bunny Blog Hop
Bunny Hop Linky Party
- not an Easter one but a regular weekly party
Dear Lillie Easter Party


BLOG ROLL:
Also, I want to say that I came up with the solution to not being able to list all the blogs that I follow on my Blog Roll. It seems that Blogger would not let me list anymore than 167 blogs.

So I discovered that you can add a second blog roll as a separate gadget. So the Blogs I follow are now listed alphabetically in 2 different Blog Rolls. I did not want to slight anyone. However, if you Blog is dormant for several months, I will still follow you but delete it from my Blog Roll .



Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie

34 comments:

Grammy Goodwill said...

Oh, Debbie. Bless your heart. I'm sorry that your health issues are continuing. You keep such a good spirit about it all. And good luck to Joe with his feet.
All of your Easter decor is so much fun to see. I also love the outside shots of your porch and yard. I need to get outside and spread some mulch, too.
Take care.

JENNIFER said...

Hi Debbie! I had hoped you wouldn't need anymore tests and such :o( I hope everything goes well, your in my prayers....Wow, I love all the Easter! Every year I see things I hadn't seen the year before. It looks like your all ready for spring and summer. Have a terrific weekend! Hugs Jennifer

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

HI Debbie,

I love how you decorated your workplace for Easter. When I read that you are actually getting orders for some of your craft items, I was so happy and excited for you...still am :) :) That's exciting to be able to bring in some money doing something you love. You are so wonderful at it, too :) :) Do you just sell person to person or do you also have an on-line shop?

I'll be keeping you and your husband in my prayers!!! Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

Angela said...

I always love coming to visit you. You did an awesome job at work. Oh my goodness, it looks so cheerful. Great job on the outdoors too. So spring!!

NanaDiana said...

Wow, Debbie- That is quite a post. You do a beautiful job on everything you do! I cannot believe how talented you are. Your wreaths are fabulous and I love your little yard. It may be small but you have a lot packed into it!

I hope they can figure out exactly what is going on with your health. It is always worrisome to not have an EXACT diagnosis.

I have to see if I can figure out how to add the 2nd blog roll. If I CAN'T figure it out I might come back and beg you for help!:>)

Blessings and Happiness to you- Diana

Kim K. said...

It's always a treat to see how you've decorated for the latest holiday. It's especially nice that your work benefits from your generous talents too. Thinking of you and your husband as you continue to struggle with health concerns.

HUGS!!

Karen said...

Hello Debbie,
I had just the best time looking at all of your Easter decorating. You are such an inspiration...I don't know how you get it all done, but you do! It is plain to see how much joy your wreathes and trees bring to your department at work, too! I'm sure everyone loves it.

I'm sorry to hear you have some troubles with your thyroid. I have hypothyroidism and can relate to what you are saying. I pray your tests come out fine and another prayer for your dear, elderly neighbor, too.

You make the world a brighter place, Debbie!

Terry said...

Wow! Your decorating is beautiful! I love your wreaths. How do you find the time?

I hope you and your husband feel better soon.

Terry

momto8 said...

your Easter decorations are so fabulous!! I love that you decorate in a hospital too....I think you get special graces for that from heaven!
Good luck with all the health issues..hope things get back to normal quickly!

SmilingSally said...

I love those bits of blues!

I've had many of the same tests you're having, and eventually had my thyroid removed.

Happy Blue Monday, Debbie.

Cafe au lait said...

You did a great job. Love all those decorations.

My Blue Monday.

Kim, USA said...

Such and amazing decorations here. Awesome post it inspires me to decorate too ^_^

Birdbath

Annesphamily said...

Hi sweetie! I will be praying for your neighbor and I also will pray about your health. That thyroid business is scary stuff.
Your decorations are delightful. I wish I lived closer I would order one each of all your sweet wreaths! That bunny wreath is darling!
Prayers being said for Joe too! Foot surgery is always difficult because active folks hate to be sidelined!
Take care and blessings and hugs to you!
I like that shabby chic angel too!
Anne

Angie said...

Wow - I barely get my house decorated! I can't imagine decorating my work place too!

Thanks for sharing at Knick of Time Tuesday!

Blessings,
Angie @ Knick of Time

Jo's This and That said...

Hope you are better soon! Love your spirit! Beautiful job decorating,Joann

~~Carol~~ said...

Oh Debbie, I know I've probably said it before, but I'll say it again, you're SO talented! I love all of your wreaths so much. You just gotta love Dollar Tree!
Happy REDnesday,
Carol

Blessed Serendipity said...

The patients must smile when they see such cheerful decorations.

Danielle

Dorothy said...

Hi Debbie,I love the Easter decorations and those bunny wreaths are absolutely adorable!! You're such a good decorator and crafter. Hope all goes well with your health. My daughter has Graves disease and these tests you spoke of reminded me of what she had to go through. Take care and have a great week, and don't work to hard now!!

Shannon @ Cozy Home Scenes And Cozy Home Kitchen said...

Debbie, first of THANK YOU for the blog roll tip. I have been trying to figure out how to add more blogs, so this is a great tip.

I think it's wonderful that you have put so much effort into making the hospital a welcoming home away from home for the families who have to be there. I love your bunny wreaths. Thanks for sharing at my party!

Bunny Jean said...

Hi Debbie!

I am glad you found me and appreciate that you have shared my party info on your blog. I will be looking forward to see what you have to share every Wednesday :)

I have looked over your blog and I must say that you certainly have a love and talent for decorating your home. I also like that you have given your time to help decorate the hospital for the seasons.

Thanks for sharing at my party this week!

xoxo Bunny Jean
Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

ArtMuseDog and Carol said...

Magical and fun place ~ very creative ~ Wow! ~thanks, namaste, ^_^ linked w/ Outdoor Wednesday

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

Just love the photo you are using for your Easter blog banner. Everything looks just delightful for a proper Victorian tea!

Debra

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Debbie, you always have the greatest holiday decor!! It just makes me so happy each time I come over!!! I'm sure the people at work truly appreciate you for keeping things pretty!

Anu@My Dream Canvas said...

This looks so lovely. I would love for you to drop by My Dream Canvas as well :-) I’m visiting from Wow Us Wednesdays. Really like your blog.

c. Joy said...

First I hope and pray for you and Joe to be in good health. Second - Wow! Not only do you do all this stuff you take pictures and blog about it. You're one hard working woman (& talented, too). Thanks for all the work/love you put into your decorating - it's inspiring. Happy Easter.

LBP said...

How sweet of you to make your department so welcoming! I love your decorations! Hope your health issues get taken care of ASAP!

Blessings

Linda

LindyLouMac in Italy said...

Calling by as a participant in today's Share Your Cup Thursday, goodness me you take part in so many memes. Lovely seasonal decorations for all occasions at your home I see.

NanE said...

I'm sure you brighten up everyones day when they see those sweet Easter decorations!

Jessa Irene said...

They must love having you around to decorate at work! Fun stuff. Love all of your garden photos. Beautiful and healthy looking plants, I bet they are just lovely when they bloom! Pretty garden decor too. Thanks for joining in :) Pinning and tweeting.

The Bama Gardener said...

Love the Forsythia. I know it's early but it is beautiful no matter when it blooms!

gena said...

Deb, I have Hashimoto's disease (thyroiditis) and had my thyroid removed when I was 21. I also have PCOD and IBS - all immune issues, or so I've been told. I had positive ANA's through out my childbearing (or better said, trying to get pregnant) years and ended up using fertility drugs to get pregnant. If you ever want to vent or talk to someone who's BTDT, drop me a line.

Offering up some prayers for you!

gena

Jan said...

Hi Deb,

I LOVE nice long blog entries like this one and all the comments afterwards, one that I can spend time over and savor as I munch on my morning croissant or cookies and coffee before doing the dreaded trek upstairs to get ready for work. Yech! Can't wait until I can retire my butt! I love your front porch area. The furniture is beautiful and perfectly scaled to the space. Sure beats my ugly dark green plastic stuff! I love your side garden with the bird bath, I love the chippy angel and everything on the front path. Too bad about the porch above being up so high - yeah, no shelter from that at all! Do you put up one of those portable awnings in the summer - you know, the kind that sort of looks like butterfly wings, so pretty? Or a stand-alone market umbrella? Do you have a back yard that you fix up too? I know I should hunt for the answers on your blog but, frankly, too lazy! Enjoying listening to your music selections as I write this. But, alas, I must go put the dishes away and start taping with painters tape in the kitchen if I want to get that project done today. Sigh. Wish I had someone like you to help me.

You take care, girlfriend.

Jan

Jann Olson said...

Debbie, you totally amaze me! You spread a bit of sunshine everywhere you go. Does not surprise me one bit that you decorate for your office. Keep up the good work and sharing!
Hugs,
Jann

Tootsie said...

Hey girl...hope your health improves...I hate that you are struggling so much.
Your decorations are wonderful...very festive...
you have been a VERY busy lady!!!
Once again I am just loving the tour of all the gardens that have linked in to my little party! I am so excited to visit each and every post...they are all so inspiring and I am NEVER disappointed! The creative gardens and colorful displays that I am lucky to see are inspirations that I would never have found had I not found each of the gardeners I see online! Thank you so much for sharing your garden with my Friday Flaunt this week...I do hope you will link in again soon!
This post is being shared on my Tootsie Time Facebook page too just so you are aware.
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´Glenda/Tootsie
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where Bloggers Create 2012

Where Bloggers Create 2012
July 14th, 2012

Where Bloggers Create 2013

Where Bloggers Create 2013
July 12th, 2013!

2nd Annual Dress Form Ball

2nd Annual Dress Form Ball
March 11th,2013