I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse with my Hubby Joe, work full time night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit, have a small Craft Business on the side and I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!


" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......


My One Little Word for 2014 is ME!!
Please click HERE to read about why I chose this word!!


PLEASE CLICK HERE to read Why I Returned to Blogging after a Break.....


Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I've been Shopping!!

I wanted to share with you some of the great deals that I have gotten lately shopping Christmas Clearance and other sales.

This is one reason why Joe and I do not exchange gifts anymore for Christmas and why I would rather money for Christmas than gifts because I love shopping after Christmas when everything is far cheaper and I can go and buy what I want.....

This cute little shelf, which will be used in my Kitchen ,was marked down to $6.99 from $15.00 at Marshall's...
 Joe picked up this gold glittered Santa at Target for 90% off at $1.99 from $19.99!
This past Saturday, I went to the Christmas Tree Shop for the first time in months and I  had a wonderfuul time!!

LOL!!

These are the Christmas things that I bought for 60% off..........

This" Let It Snow" sign ,which is now out on the Front Porch, as part of my Winter Outdoor Decor, was $2.00!
Marked down from $4.99......
These are candy boxes in the shape of books ......
I will use the candy for my Sweet Bar in the Kitchen and I may have to Dabble with the packaging as I love the graphics.....
The price stickers did come off easily...
And these were bags of candy......
The backs.....
 All these were 79 cents....
These are 4 gold glittered Butterfly clips for 40 cents each.....
Bottle Brush trees.....
60% off these prices 0f $4.99, $3.99 and $2.50...... Came out to $1.00, $1.60 and $2.00!!
The red ones may be used for Valentine's Day Decor and the basket one will be used for Winter Decor....
Christmas paper Doilies for future Craft Projects....68cents....
An aqua Mercury Glass Candle holder for 40 cents.....
Little Penguin Stockings for Joe!!  80 cents each!

 Peppermint Plates  for 40 cents each.....

Aqua Metallic Candles marked down to $1.20 each pack.....
These were Clearance items at The Christmas Tree Shop....

See the Flameless Pillar Candles marked down to 75 cents each.....
 These containers ,which will be used as Take Out containers for the boys when they come for Dinner, were 50 cents a pack of 2!
 And I could not resist these cute lamp shades for 99 cents each!!
 I will use these to change off the shades on my Dining Room Chandy!

Now those of you who have Christmas Tree Shop stores near you know that they have amazing prices normally so these are a few things I bought at the regular low prices that I could not resist!!
 Gloves for me for $1.19!
 Campbell's Soup bowls for $1,99!
 Cup cake dishes!!  The larger one was $1.99.....
 This smaller one was $1.69....
 And the pedestal dish was $1.99.....
Table runner for my kitchen Counter for $3.99 and  Valances for 2 for $3.00!!
After I saw this lamp in an email from the Christmas Tree Shop, I knew I had to have it!
Now you know I will do something with the shade but I love the old and chipped look of the base!

$12.99!
And I had to have this too for $2.50 as it will match the aqua Candlesticks that I bought on Clearance at Burlington Coat Factory!
An aqua large votive holder or a pot for flowers....
Then I hit the Valentine's Day decorations......
A table runner for $3.99 and red, pink and white candy corn for my Kitchen Sweet Bar @ $2.99.........
2 sets of heart lights for $4.99 each....










 And I loved this.......

I may be have to dabble a bit with it though.....
 For $3.99.....
And some St. Patrick"s Day Decorations.......

I don't decorate a lot of this Holiday as there is very little time between Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day and Easter some years.
The shamrock picks were $1.00 a pack.....
And ornament for $1.69.......
So that was everything I bought at the Christmas Tree Shop!!

  I think I did pretty good!!

Speaking of Valentine's Day, I want to show a few things that my dear friend, Anne Marie bought me for my Birthday this month........
Love this Mercury Glass Heart!
A cute towel.......
And this sweet bottle......
And I love this little Snow Girl that she bought me for Christmas!
 If you missed my Christmas Home Tour of Anne Marie's stunning Home , please click HERE

 When Joe went to Sears last week to buy a Wet Vac to assist in the clean up of  our Hot Water Heater  Flood,
he calls me and says " They have all their Christmas things on sale at 70% off, do you want anything?"

Now does he know me or what?  I told him to pick up things that he knew I would like. They had mostly ornaments left and this is what he brought home......

Purple ones.....

It's hard to get a picture showing the true colors of these.....
Bright pink ones......

And Blue ornaments and ribbon.......



And I love these birds.....
All these were from the Ty Pennington Collection at Sears.....

I think Joe did good as he knows me well!!

In this week's K Mart circular, I spotted this......
 I have wanted a red microwave for the Kitchen since we painted the kitchen red and yellow 2 years ago.

And for the price of $70,marked down from $119.00, I knew now was the time to buy it. So my old one is down our storage shed if the boys may need it when theirs dies.
 Now what did die was my toaster.  The toast would not pop up and if you weren't watching, the toast would burn to a crisp!!

So since I send Joe out for the microwave, he figured a new toaster was in order too!

This one reminds me of a race car!!

 LOL!!
 And while at K Mart, he found these for 75% off.

I will use these for Craft projects or wreaths.....
 I did go to Michael's the other day and most of their Christmas things were 70% off.....

Here is what I bought there.....
 Christmas computer paper, a sweet bird and aqua ornaments that I will be using now in the Living Room.....
 Copper glass ornaments for my Autumn Tree.....
 A cute Christmas mug for 20cents!!
 Paper Mache angels that were 4 for $1.00. I will probably decoupage them with music sheet paper.

And gold metallic pillar candles....
 And these Christmas Florals.....

I bought about 20 of the gold ones and will use them for wreaths and such and may add them to by swags in my Living Room next year.....

The Pink will go into the top of my Guest Room tree......
 And the copper ones ( about 20 of them) will be for Autumn Projects and my Autumn tree....
 One can always use white trees....... I may change the fabric on the base......
 And some day, I plan on putting all of my parent's old pictures in albums so when I saw these Scrap Books marked down from $19.99 to $1.99, I grabbed 3 of them..... I think they will be perfect for the old cabinet pictures....
 I had a Gift Card for Michael's from my dear friend, Anne Marie....

Thanks, Anne Marie!!!!

Then I went to A.C. Moore.....

These were all 70% off.......

Kitchen ornaments, aqua ones that I will be using  in the Living Room, snow flakes, pink ornaments for the Guest Room amd wreaths for my doll house or craft projects....
And I then spotted these in the Spray Paint section......

Certain types of Rust-oleum paint was only $1.99 a can....
I guess it is The Painter's Touch kind......

I am going back for more....Maybe they are only $1.99 in your A.C.Moore's too!! Time to stock up!!

So have you got any good deals lately???

I will be off for 3 nights this weekend...... Sat., Sun. and Monday so i hope to get a good chunk of my  un-decorating the downstairs of Christmas and re-decorating it for Winter and Valentine's Day.

We had temps. in the 50,s here over the weekend but Winter is returning with 2-3 inches of snow predicted over night ( Yea, I am off ) and high's in the 20's for the weekend.  Brrrrrrrr........

I am linking up to these great parties:

All Star Blogger Block Party
What's It Wednesday
Wow Us Wednesday
Rednesday
Winter Blues Wednesday Party
Wednesdays Adorned From Above Linky Party
Primp Your Stuff Wednesdays
HOME Party on Wednesdays
Welcome Home Wednesday Party
 Wallis Farms Daily Walk Link Party

DIY Holiday Highlights
Delightfully Inspiring Thursday
Treasure Hunt Thursdays
Show Off Your Stuff Party on Thursdays
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Vintage Thingie Thursday
Transformation Thursday
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Time Travel Thursday
 Open House Party
 Everything But The Kitchen Sink

Home Sweet Home Friday
Show and Tell Friday
Be Inspired Fridays
Thrifty Things Friday
Simple and Sweet Fridays
Tickled Pink Party
Inspired Weekends
Inspire Me Fridays
Favorite Friday Party
Finding the Pretty and Delicious Party

Weekend ShowOff Party
Saturday Nite Special
Pink Saturday
 Strut Your Stuff Saturdays
One Great Idea Saturday Party

Seasonal Sunday
Sunday's Best
Sunny Simple Sundays
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Sunday SHOW-licious Craft Showcase 
Clever Chicks Blog Hop 
 
Masterpiece Monday
Blue Monday
Mod Vintage Mix Monday
Metamorphosis Monday
Make It Pretty Monday
Mop It Up Mondays
 DIY Project Parade

Cowgirl Up! Creative Linky Party
Knick of Time Tuesday
You're Gonna Love It Tuesdays
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Tweak It Tuesdays
Totally Transformed Tuesdays 
Show Me What You Got Tuesdays
 Twirl and Take a Bow Party
Transformation Tuesday

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie

42 comments:

Victorian1885 said...

Wow Debbie... you sure were shopping! Some beautiful stuff and great prices too. I bet you had a great time hunting for these treasures. Have a good week.

Wanda

Okio B Designs said...

You scored BIG time! I can't get over the prices and your loot. Well done!

Jeanine

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Debbie, Your finds are amazing. You sure got some terrifc buys and the prices amazing. It really does pay to hit the after Christmas sales. I wish we had that shop here. It would be a big hit.
I also use the food storage containers to send home care packages with our son when he comes for dinner.
Have a great week.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Charlotte Huffman said...

Wow! You hit paydirt! I love after Christmas sales also.

Mari said...

Debbie, woweeee you have scoed on all of your beautiful items ;)

Smiles~
Mari

Jennifer said...

Debbie you did marvelous! :-) I'm eyeing those cupcakes and cake plate...I didn't do much after Christmas shopping this year. I should head over to the Christmas tree shop and do some snooping though...haven't been there in a year! LoL! Thank you for visiting me, have a super week! Hugs, Jennifer

Penny Phillips said...

I don't know who is the best shopper...you or Joe! I loved it all, but those rose lamp shades...love um! Let Anne Marie know that I'm her new friend and my BD is coming up! Your mercury glass heart was gorgeous and I LOVED the cupcake towel!
We have the weather here now that you will be getting this weekend. 17 of a night and 36 high for the day. This is our third day of it, but no snow that stuck to the ground! Hugs, Penny

The Polka Dot Closet said...

First I want to visit that sweet bar of yours!!! What a shopping spree you went on, that is a whole lot more fun than Christmas presents!I love those little lamps shades.

Carol

Jori said...

Wowza! You found some amazing stuff!!! Great bargains too!!

Debbiedoo's said...

Happy New Year Debbie.You scored the mother load there my friend! It will be so exciting next year to open that box.

Jill said...

All I can say is - i'm jealous!

Beansieleigh said...

Oh my word, it looks like you hit the lottery here, Debbie!! LOVE the shelf, the dishes.. EVERYTHING!.. Oh, and what a nice hubby too! Looking forward to seeing your Valentines Day Decorations! ~tina

DearHelenHartman said...

I am stunned at all the bargains you found. You sure did Wow me this Wow Us Wednesday

Diann said...

Hi Debbie! I am over a bit early but, thanks ahead of time for joining TTF. I was just telling Troy yesterday that I haven't been to the Christmas Tree Shops yet to see what they have for after Christmas sales. But, now I am thinking I just have to get one of the teapot lamps! That is just too cute!!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

I wish we had a Christmas Tree Shop here. You and Joe sure did well with your purchases. And I LOVE the red microwave and toaster. Amazing deals! Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Sandi

Denise Marie said...

Great scores! happy rednesday.

Denise Marie said...

Great scores! happy rednesday.

Sandy said...

WOW !!!!!!!!!! We don't have that Christmas Shoppe store in Arizona, I wish we did! I did do pretty good at Garden Ridge though...75% off right after Christmas! I hope you have a lot of storage! lol

Laurie @ Laurie's Little Bits of Creativity, etc. said...

Wow! You truly hit the jackpot. I'm so jealous! New follower visiting from TTG Thrifty Things Friday.

Susan said...

Oh my GOSH, Debbie. You found some great bargains. I LOVE the Christmas Tree Shops. The ones near hear are each one hour away. Boooo hoooo Don't like to drive too far like that in the winter with icy roads. Well, thanks for sharing with us. Susan

Anne said...

You did wonderfully!! Happy Pink Saturday!'Hugs,
Anne

Lil said...

I see you love red too! I'd love if you could come and take a look at my SweetHeart Kitchen that I'm working on. Still have more to add!
http://cottagesweetcottage.blogspot.com/

Lynn Crum said...

What fantastic deals you got! I love the red microwave and toaster. Do you know I have never owned a toasterr?! LOL

Joe is such a great shopper! Do you think we could clone him? :)

The Ty Pennington ornaments are gorgeous! I love the purple!!!

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Love the red microwave and toaster. You sure got a lot of great deals on the holiday decor and candy.

Kathleen said...

Holy Moley, I thought I was bad! You got a ton of things! We both got some of the same things at CTS! I got some ♥ and ♣ too! Now I just have to remember where I stash it!
Thanks for sharing your bargains, great fun!

The Tablescaper said...

Yay! We both did great at Christmas Tree.

- The Tablescaper

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

Oh, WOW!! I have never been to Christmas Tree Shop, but I just looked and we have one now! I'm just reeling from all of your pretty photos, I'm sure I'll lose my mind in the store! You know, we don't really exchange gifts that much at Christmas either anymore, just small things. Then we always buy something together for our home. I'm just not one of those girls who has to have a lot of presents under the tree to be happy :) Anyway, thank you for this great inspiration, it will be so nice to have some new holiday things next year that were a bargain! Happy Sunday, xoxo, Andrea

Karen Mary Butterfly said...

Amazing. This, "Christmas Tree Shop" sounds wonderful! I keep hearing about it. We don't have them :( You got some great deals and I love how you think. Using those graphics is smart and...you get to eat candy while you do it!!
Karen

thepaintedapron.com said...

Wow, that's a lot of bargains! Next year I am going to save all my shopping for after Christmas, what a great idea! You are going to have lots of fun this year with all your new goodies!
Jenna

Laurie Ritchey said...

What wonderful bargains! I am so jealous of those of you who live near a Christmas Tree Store. All of you bloggers post such great finds from that place. I love getting Christmas decor after Christmas. The next year, when I get out my decor, I have some new things to play with. Thank you for putting my party button on your sidebar. laurie

Stacey said...

Such great deals! I love that Christmas Tree Shop. I think it is dangerous for me to go there! Maybe I will run into you one day? Our family loves to treck out that way to go to Johnny Rockets and then shop! Thanks for linking up to the Creative Inspirations Party!
Stacey at Embracing Change

SmilingSally said...

Good shopping! You and Joe "made out like bandits." Although I like the blue items best, my eyes were drawn to that new toaster.

Happy Blue Monday, Debbie!

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

Wow Debbie, you did some serious shopping with so many great finds! I wish we lived closed I might of raced you to some of your scores. I have never heard of Christmas Tree Shop? By the time I got to Hobby Lobby there wasn't much left. I so love that red microwave! Great shopping you too!

Ann said...

That red toaster is crazy cute!! You found some amazing buys, 90% off is so great. I bought a 7ft flocked white tree for next year, can't hardly wait to put it up.
Ann

Laurie Bynum said...

You did well with all of your deals! I really love the red cupboard - red is just so pretty in a kitchen! Your vintage looking candy books are sweet, too.

Jody and Stan said...

Debbie, Thanks for sharing your great shopping finds at Simple & Sweet Fridays. I love everything!

Jody

Christa @ Controlling Craziness said...

Looks like lots of great bargains. I love shopping the after holiday sales and getting good deals too.

AndiWinslow said...

Who's the better shopper you or Joe? What fun you had the prices and all the goods are great. I love the red tea pot lamp! Andi

Jann Olson said...

Wow Debbie, great finds and great prices. I'll say you've been shopping. lol! Love the little yellow cake stand. Your gifts from Anne Marie are ever so sweet. Thanks for sharing your finds with Share Your Cup. I also need to apologize. I have not mailed your bottle brush tree win yet. I have planned on mailing it on 3 different occassions. Then I take off and realize that I have left it home. I will be going out tomorrow. I WILL get it in the mail. Again, I apoligize. I really am not usually forgetful like that.
hugs,
Jann

lovenotesrestylestudio.com said...

Great finds! We found you via Life on Lakeshore Drive - A Bouquet of Talent Linky Party.

Marti Cooper said...

So many great finds!! Thank you for sharing them at SHOW-licious Home Decor!

Marti
http://sew-licious.blogspot.com

Kathy Moody said...

Wow, you racked up!! I love those adorable plates. You are going to have so much fun with all your goodies. Thanks so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent. :)

Hugs
Kathy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where Bloggers Create 2012

Where Bloggers Create 2012
July 14th, 2012

Where Bloggers Create 2013

Where Bloggers Create 2013
July 12th, 2013!

2nd Annual Dress Form Ball

2nd Annual Dress Form Ball
March 11th,2013

Annual Valentine Par-tay!!!

Annual Valentine Par-tay!!!
Feb. 7, 2014